Decide if you would like to use Telegram or not after reading this.
Telegram, by Pavel Durov is a whatsapp look-alike messenger – which makes it super simple for users to adopt and get started.
Why is Telegram better than WhatsApp?
- Now, you can communicate across devices. Start your conversation on phone, switch to laptop and continue from where you left. Or, maybe use it on your tablet device too, fancy no?
[Thanks to the synchronise feature. This feature is familiar amongst Apple fan boys and girls. Now, non-apple folks can also benefit from Telegram]
- Store all your media – favourite pictures, videos and parts of conversation – no need to lose any of them, anymore.
[All your media gets stored in cloud]
- Fast. Like speed of light. Okay kidding. But, this is super fast. Really.
[Servers spread across the globe]
- Did I tell you that there are no blue tick marks? [Seriously, that’s the last best thing about Telegram. But to those who are obsessed about that green tick mark, Telegram is all of that. Just, take it and go]
Telegram’s similar features to WhatsApp
- Chat with all your mobile contacts
- Converse in groups
- Share wishes/news/ important messages using broadcast feature
- Share voice messages
- Share photographs
- Share videos
- Share contact details
- Shares images from the web
- Share current location
- Share any other document
- Change chat background theme
- Edit/Delete profile picture
Some interesting features available
- Create a secret chat with your loved ones [To those who want to encrypt messages and send to the receiver, good luck]
Potential features Telegram could include in the next version
- Voice calls across devices
- Video Chats across devices
- Ability to add email addresses as contacts – and not restrict users only with phone number to use Telegram [solution : Create firstname.lastname@example.org for this. And for creating this, you could capture their real phone number]
- When links are shared within chats, a snapshot view of the same would help.