CHENNAI. Doesn’t this buzz a series of images in your mind? Chennai created a trend in our very own twitter recently: [http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23thingstodoinchennai]
From thoughts of Idly, Molaga-bhajjis, Temples, dusky traditional woman, Rajinikant, Cinemas, Black & Yellow Auto Rickshaws, Marina Beach, Pondy Bazaar shopping, and what not?
So, here we take you along with some “must things you should do” in Chennai when you visit this most beautiful city.
1. Take a walk along Marina to Elliot’s Beach
2. Watch Rajini movies in some local theatre with whistles and crowd
3. Visit Murugan idly shop at 10pm and still get hot idlis with 4 variety of chutneys
4. Scourge for a long forgotten book at Moor Market… trust me you’ll get it…
5. Have a quaint cup of coffee at Rathna Cafe
6. Squeeze through the crowd to get vegetables at Koyambedu
7. “Enjoy” the pulling and pushing at Ranganathan Street
8. Pay over Rs.200 for a ten minute Autoride
9. Read some ancient literature at Connemaara Library
10. Party on a hired boat at Muttukaadu Lake
11. Look out for an ancient yet sturdy buildings at Mint Street
12. Climb the Lighthouse at Marina
13. Wait in queue to get a plate of hot Puliyothare at Grand Sweets & Snacks
14. Go to Kapaleeshwar temple early in the morning and have kovil prasadam for morning’s breakfast
15. Spend 1000 bucks in Pondy Bazaar, T Nagar and get atleast 1000 things for the money you spend. Now, this is called Value-for-money!
16. Go for a Carnatic Concert during December and meet the cosmopolitan group flocking together at one place
17. Eat kadalai (Groundnut) and Molaga bhajji by the beach side
18. For fantastic non – vegetarian food go to Sparkies (American Chain) at Egmore! Awesome buffet on Friday nights
19. Go to Dublin, Paasha, Flames and those clubs & discos in the afternoon and party hard
20. Go for a long drive by the side of OMR and ECR
21. Bunk classes and go to Spencers/Citi Centre/ Express Avenue/ Alsa Mall/Mayajaal/Satyam Cinemas
22. Go foot-boarding in buses! It can’t be done anywhere in India…
23. Capture the Sunrise and Sunsets and other “lovable moments” 😀 at Broken Bridge
24. Munch on a Vada, fresh off the Vada-mala of the 32 feet tall Anjaneyar Statue at Nanganallur
25. Attend a marriage at any of the chathrams at Vadapalani
26. Attend the Vinayak Visarjan at Sowcarpet…
27. Relish a plate of Biriyani at Samco, TTK road
28. Take the MRTS from Velachery to Beach
29. Get Kuri josiyam done at the beach
30. Pig out on chat at Pupil or Chaat houses across the beach
31. Go shopping for cheap but good fabric at Fashion street, Egmore
32. Enjoy a game of bowling at BLUR as you wait for the movie!
33. Soak in various cultures at Dakshin Chitra
34. Relax and unwind at Casuarina Bay
35. For Fish lovers, freak out at Moonrakers!